Short Stay Respite Services
Dementiavirast provides short stay respite services at dementia specialist households.
This service provides an opportunity for carers to have a break while the person living with dementia enjoys a few days in our dementia specialist care houses. Each of our houses feature an enabling design, as well as a wide range of activities tailored to the individual.
We are focused on ensuring that a stay at one of our houses enhances wellbeing and provides the best experience for the house guest.
- Are ideal for busy families in need of extra support for a parent or loved one living with dementia
- Give you an occasional, or regular break from caring for your loved one
- Provide additional support through a difficult time or crisis
- Give extra support to enable people to remain at home for longer
- Provide opportunity for social connections and a variety of meaningful activities
- Offer an enabling environment, focused on what is important to you
About our Enabling Household™
Dementiavirast households have been developed using research evidence to ensure we can maximise the abilities of people with dementia, and enhance their sense of wellbeing.
The households operate much like a normal home, offering cooked meals, plenty of activities, as well as leisure outings. The private bedrooms can be personalised to help develop a sense of familiarity, and ensure our house guest is as comfortable as possible.
This service is provided from:
- Mary Chester House, Shenton Park
- Hawthorn House, Albany
To be eligible for the short stay respite service you need to be an individual living in the community with dementia.
The service is available through Commonwealth Home Support Program, Home Care Packages and the National Disability Insurance Scheme. The service can also be purchased through the Commonwealth Carelink Respite Centre, or can be self-funded on a private basis.
To access services or to find out more, please call us on 1300 66 77 88 or email us.